The National Register of Occupations (NSP) is a continuously
developed and available online catalogue of job descriptions and
serves as a tool for increasing labour mobility based on labour
market needs to be identified by employers and labour market experts.
– to provide employers, educators, job seekers and the Labour
Office of the Czech Republic with information on the
requirements for the performance of individual professions
– to provide data for a career guidance system
– to enable communication about supply and demand on the
– to provide data for human resources management
– to bring the content and structure of vocational training closer
to the requirements of the labour market (e.g. the recruitment
of graduates of initial education)
– to be the starting point and source of information for the
creation of the National Qualifications Framework
Occupations are structured in 40 specializations and 8
qualification levels. For each job position, you can find the
characteristics and description of the activities, the key
professional skills, and knowledge required to practice, the ideal
and appropriate school education or professional qualifications. Users can also find information about working conditions,
average wages, job vacancies, and other additional information.
The system contains also the Competence Database, where you
can find not only expertise and professional skills, but also
general skills and soft skills.